Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mission Paperwork

Hello!

This week (or past two weeks, since I didn't email last week) has been a good one. I know I say this in every email, but it's so good to be back at the temple!!! I did some calculating, it's been 47 weeks since I started my service at the temple, I have served for 15 of those weeks.... plus three Fridays in January. Crazy, huh? Heavenly Father has His reasons. If I get released as a service missionary when I'm thinking, I have five weeks left. CRAZY, right?? I'll probably know my official date when I meet with Pres Lunt on the 28th of this month.

I jumped up to four days a week last week. I go down there Wed-Sat. It's honestly exhausting, but worth it (and no, I'm NOT pushing myself too much, thanks for asking), and I'm just trying to get enough sleep to stay caught up. The newest update is that on Saturdays, I don't do Sealings from 9-11am and Cafeteria from 12-4pm. I was switched around, and now work in the Cafeteria from 7am-12pm and do sealings after. Yeah. Last Saturday I got up at 5:15 and left Cedar at 6am! :D Crazy, but great.

Okay, so I have a funny story. Hope you laugh, cause I did! Pres Lunt came up to me on Sunday and said, "Sorry to push your appt back from today. I talked with the area coordinators and they can't find your paperwork to get your mission release certificate." And he asked me if I had filled out a Church-Service Mission Recommendation, and I said that if I had, Pres Crankshaw did it. So I asked if I need to fill one out, and Pres Lunt said yeah, so the other day I started filling out my paperwork for the mission I'm almost done with- the paperwork that I submit my mission picture with! Haha. 11 months later....

I started running again! I told you that last email, too. I'm up to three miles a day. The first week I went one, last week two, and now this week three. It's been so great to get back in to running again, I've really really missed it. It's extremely difficult, it's like my body has been through the ringer or something. Weird. I had a though today while I was running... I LOVE running, but sometimes I have second thoughts as I'm about to start, I think "Oh, I'll just do it tomorrow." And really, the hardest part of running is somethings just starting. Once I get going, and especially if I have a good attitude about it, I am able to think about my life, spend some time immersed in something, and in the end, feel really happy that I took the time to run and made the effort, because physically, I'm better off. I compared all these feelings to being proactive in the gospel, mainly scripture study. I love studying the scriptures, but lately it's been a little harder to sit down and actually do it. It was a really cool lesson that I needed to learn today!

The house has been a little more "alive" than usual lately. My sister Brooke and brother-in-law Tim and their boys moved in with us a few weeks ago. Their house sold, and they are building their new house, so they're in between right now. It's fun to have them here. And also, my brother Chris and sister-in-law Allie came to visit for a few days and stayed here. So we went from 4 here, to 8, to 11. Haha, but those of you that know me well, know that I love it! I love being with people. I'm more tired, but it's so great! I'm even spending more time outside, too, which I think we all need.

My mom got her knees replaced today! It's a surgery she hasn't been too excited for, but it's time. She did well and is currently in a recovery room. She's awesome, and an amazing example to me. I'm kind of excited to pay it back to her in all the times she's helped me in my surgery recoveries. It's a great time for it, too, because with Brooke and Tim here, there are more people that live here to help her. Talk about good timing, right?

Sorry this email is so long, I'll make sure and not skip any more weeks so that it won't be as long next time. Every single one of you are an amazing example to me. I mean it!!! Have a good one.

Elder G

No comments:

Post a Comment