Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mixed Feelings

Hey everyone!

Long time, no see. ;) Hope you all are good.

Chris and Allie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And you two, along with Brooke and Tim, I'm so excited for you guys to go on your cruise! Ashley and Hayden, good job with your road race and progression runs. You guys amaze me. In fact, family, you all amaze me!

This week has been good. Last Wednesday, I came across a neat story about Christ in Luke chapter 7. I had never heard it before (or at least don't remember it). GO READ IT. It's awesome. It shows me how important it really is to love others. He forgives a woman of her sins, "which are many," because she loved much.

Friday is my favorite day! I walked into the chapel right before a session and saw none other than Jessica Savage's parents. It was really cool, especially cause they said, "We were hoping to run into, and here you are!" :) That afternoon in the baptistry, I was the baptizer for my whole shift (1-4). By the end of it, my right arm hurt. Haha. Didn't expect to get a workout inside the temple, but definitely a worthwhile workout... for my right arm. Hahaha. :)

I've made some good connections and good friends with some of the temple workers. My favorite lady is one I see maybe once or twice a week. I saw her in Deseret Book in St G a few weeks ago, and she asked me about my mission and stuff. After that, everytime I see her, we talk for just a minute. She's so cool. And I feel bad, because I don't even remember her name! :/ Haha. Being in the temple really solidifies that the fact everyone on this earth is my family, not just you reading this. The temple feels so homely, around our spiritual brother and sisters! Everyone there is so friendly and loving. (I'll have to remember that next time I get road rage.)

Obviously, you know that the temple is closed for a month. I helped on the grounds yesterday, and since next Monday is Labor Day, and the Mon. after that is my surgery, I'm officially done until the temple opens back up. Mixed feelings. My schedule wears me out, but I wish I was back in the temple.

You all are great examples to me. Thanks for all you do!! Love you all.

Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment