Wednesday, November 19, 2014

First week of treatment/Grandma's house!




Hello!
Well guess what?

Done with my first week of treatment. I'm glad it can be all here in cedar. I have chemo every Monday, and radiation every Monday-Friday. It's not as bad, so far, as I thought. Last week, I felt nauseous late Tuesday, all of Wednesday and Thursday, but not too bad. I also felt really bloated Wednesday. But by Friday I was feeling pretty good, almost like normal!

I was able to go to the temple on Friday. Mom and I stopped by the baptistry to see one of the shifts I worked on. And then we did initiatories. I saw lots of familiar faces. It was so great.

Yesterday's chemo went well. I felt a little sick during it, but that subsided. I felt good enough to go to my ward's FHE last night.

I'm trying to keep myself busy! I have been really searching on Family Search lately. In the last 2 months, I've found literally hundreds of names that need their work done. So next time you go to the temple, talk to me if you want to bring some family names. Otherwise I've submitted a lot of names to the temple.... which FYI is why going to the temple is important. It does help to bring family names, but trust me.... There's a lot of work in the temple files to get done. SO GO TO THE TEMPLE. OFTEN. :) I'm still trying to be a good missionary. I enjoy being able to share my testimony in person, through social media, and my blog.

On a completely unrelated note, this is cool... All my GRAY relatives, read this! 


 My Grandma Gray's house in Idaho Falls was torn down a little while ago. It was built back in the 1920s, my grandma grew up there, my dad grew up there too. After my Grandma Gray passed away a few years ago, the house was sold to the city. I looked on Google Maps, just curious to see if the house was still standing on the map. I looked, and it was gone. But I clicked on the street view, and the house was still there! Search the address for the house, click on street view, and you can still see it. Cool, huh? I took a few screenshots.
(The kids enjoyed floating down the ditch and helping flood irrigate the lawn)

Well, so far I'm doing good with the treatments. It sucks,  but life is good. Really.

Love,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment