Friday, November 28, 2014

Blessing!

Hey family.

Well, it's P-day. Actually, pretty much everyday is P-day now. :]

I'm doing good. I've tried to guess and plan when I'm going to feel the most nauseous, but it seems to be different every week. The first week it was Wednesday and Thursday, last week it was Thursday and Saturday, and this week it's been yesterday and today. So I'm not feeling too hot, but ya know, it is what it is!

I'm almost half way done. This is week 3 of 6. So bring it on. I've learned some about sacrifice... Yeah it totally sucks finally being able to go on a mission, and then by circumstances out of my control, having to pause that mission... but I know that my health is pretty important, and hopefully me going through this again is making a difference in people's live, especially my own. I've had a few good conversations with people, and although this does suck, I'm just rolling with the punches and looking forward to the good times to come and the good days.

Just a cool little tender mercy for me yesterday... I felt sick yesterday, and had a home teaching appt set up for 6. I talked with my home teachee to make sure it was still alright to come, and he said that he had to go out of town... so we didn't visit him. BUT it was about an hour before that I really started to feel sick. I was going to just push through and go HT, but in the end I was really relieved.

I also got to go to the temple last Saturday and do a session with some friends. It was really nice. While I was getting ready to leave, I was thinking, "Okay, back to the real world." And it hit me, I went a whole hour and a half being a child of God, doing temple work, and not being the one going through chemo and radiation. I forgot about my health issues for a little bit, and what a happy moment that was for me. The temple is great. :D

I love you all! Thanks for all your love and constant support. Have a great THANKSGIVING! WOO! (Still can eat solid foods, so bring it on. BLESSING!)

Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment