Thursday, March 19, 2015

Side Effects/The Basics/Waiting

Well I didn't send out an email yesterday. But you should know that I'm doing well! I had chemo #3 this Monday. I had the hiccups SIX times yesterday, and I've also been napping a LOT yesterday and today, too. So I go from feeling like a pregnant woman a few weeks ago with the bloating and swollen feet, to now feeling like the newborn: All I do is eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, repeat. :) haha. Those are the side effects this week. It's like a game where I'll never be quite sure of the outcome: guessing what the side effect will be!
Cool story of the week: I went to the temple last Friday. (You know I'm taking time off my temple schedule again, right?) I planned to just do initiatories. The wait was going to be really long, and I felt the prompting to go do sealings instead. On my way out of the temple after, I ran into Sister Bithell (If you remember, I work with her in the Baptistry on Fridays, and her husband passed away a few months ago). She said that she was grabbing a snack from the cafeteria before, and so it was a pleasant surprise. :) She wasn't there on my most recent day serving in the baptistry, so it had been a while. She was teary eyed, and gave me a big long hug. It was definitely not a coincidence.
I can't say I'm doing too much. Trying to read my scriptures regularly, say prayers, attend church and go to the temple once a week. Those are the basics that we should strive to at LEAST do. :) I think I'm doing great if I am at least doing the basics. I've been through times where I haven't even done the basics, and I can tell a difference. So make sure you are at least praying and reading, okay? :)
I've learned a lot about waiting, too. There are lots of gospel articles I've read lately about waiting. Yes, it sucks waiting for the time to be healed, waiting for a mission call, waiting to get married... ya know. All that stuff. But Heavenly Father KNOWS me and knows exactly the best time for the waiting to be over. And I seriously think that the hardest times, during that waiting period, are when we grow the most spiritually. So waiting? It's okay. It's a part of life and we're all going to be okay. We don't have to do this on our own.
Have a great week. Love you all!
Elder G

No comments:

Post a Comment