Friday, May 29, 2015

It's My Mission

It's not Tuesday.. but better late then never!
It has been so so so so good to be back at the temple. It was SO cool to see all the people on my shifts in the Cafeteria and Baptistry again. I don't think they knew I was coming. I walked in the door to where have our prayer meeting before each Baptistry shift (did I tell you we have a prayer meeting before each shift? Prayer, thought, song, etc) and I saw Sister Bithell first (she is the one whose husband passed away back in October), she just looked surprised and came and gave me a big hug. I enjoyed seeing my temple family again!
When I worked in the cafeteria on Saturday, Ash and Hayden came to say hi, and they got to meet Joyce, who works in the cafeteria. She is like my temple grandma, ha ha. The people who work at the temple are all so nice and sweet and just a joy to be around. I LOVE my calling.
I am noticing that my body is taking a little longer to feel as good as I usually do. Right now I'm doing Thursday-Saturday, and that is hard. I come home tired. But it's worth it. I had a thought today- that I am experiencing what I would experience on a full-time mission through my mission as well... rejection from this chemo crap, going to bed exhausted, teaching the gospel (in my calling as a gospel doctrine teacher), and meeting tons of new people every day. I think that I always felt a little sad because I couldn't go on a full-time mission, but it's interesting that I can still have these mission experiences, and that I can tell you that my time as a missionary is one of the best, if not the BEST, years of my life. It's not all easy, but I'm glad I get the chance to serve the Lord!
Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven. Sacrifice some of your time to go to the temple soon! :D
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment