Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I have the best mission ever.

Wow. Where does the time go? I kinda just forgot to email last week. Oh well! These past two weeks have just been awesome. I find myself pretty tired when the day's done, but it is so worth it. I LOVE my mission. I consider myself the luckiest person to be able to spend so much time in the temple.

This last weekend was Fall Break- all of UT was out of school Thurs and Fri. So the Baptistry was nuts. But seriously, we LOVE it when it's busy. I walked down at 12 30 for my 1-4 shift, and as I opened the door the back way to the baptistry I heard singing. I walked down to see the chapel FULL, the font room full, and the main hallway just packed. We had our prayer meeting for that shift in the already filled chapel, so our shift coordinators, Brother and Sister Myers, both commented that they "heard angels singing" when they were almost to the Baptistry. With excitement, he said, "I think the Millennium is here." And smiled. He also said that the work really is hastening. It's so great to see such a number in one of 143 greatest places in the world!

I went on a Baptisms trip last Tuesday with my YSA ward. And i realized that the only thing better than being in the temple so often is being in with your family- including your ward family!

I was excited to hear about a line being figured out in the family genealogy. From some finding, I found the work for a bunch ofancestors and descendants. Never thought I'd learn to love family history so much. It's like a treasure hunt.

The best thing you can take from this letter is that I'm happy. I'm at peace with life and love the temple. I've been really trying to get closer to our Savior lately... studying, reading, praying. And I've felt a difference. Although I'm not perfect and not perfect at studying, as long as I do my best I need not worry!

(Guess what I did for P-day today? I went with some friends to the temple, followed by hiking ANGEL'S LANDING. Sweet, huh?)

ALSO, I have lots of names for temple work to do. Endowment, initiatory, and some sealings, both male and female. If you want to take a name with you when you go, let me know.

Peace out. Love you all!
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment