Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Atonement and The Sealing Power

Hey there!

It's been such a good week. I love love LOVE the temple. I love seeing familiar faces in there. I love being able to still live at home and be around Mom, Dad and Justin. I know I'm exactly where I need to be.

I feel such a profound love for the gospel. I have missed the temple so much, I never realized until this break was over how much going to the temple on a regular basis (even just if it's once a month, but for my case 5 days a week) really changes my life. And yes, even just going to do Baptisms too. It helps to give me the strength I need. It helps me to resist temptation,  and it helps me learn more everyday about my Savior.

I'm in an Institute class this fall. It's called Atonement, Repentance and Forgiveness. If you are Institute age and haven't taken it yet, I REALLY REALLY THINK YOU SHOULD. It's probably the best class I've ever taken. My testimony has been strengthened of the love of our Lord, His great atoning sacrifice for a human race that may not necessarily deserve it. The condition? Repentance. And obedience to the commandments of God.

I don't have a companion, but I do get to spend some time with some service Elders like myself. They are amazing examples to me, and I know they love serving in the temple just as much as I do.

I was in sealings on Saturday. And in one of the sessions, everyone in the group all shared an experience or two about sealings. It strengthened my testimony that sealings really are the most important aspect of the temple. The crowning point. I want to be sealed and live righteously so that I can receive exaltation with my eternal companion. Perfect example of how the temple is so eye opening.

I love you all! Keep on keeping on. Take a minute to read about the atonement. The more I study the more amazing I realize that it is!

Love,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment