Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Interesting Week

Hello all!
What an interesting week it's been. First of all, I've still felt great. I have felt pretty much normal. Starting yesterday, though, my hair started falling out. So guess that means the chemo is working. (Just a cool little medical note, cause I think it's kind of interesting- if you pull out a piece of your hair right now, you'll notice that the follicle is white. When u pull mine out the follicle is black. So yeah the chemo is killing the fast growing cells... cancer cells, hair cells, and some blood cells. That's a shortened version of how chemo works.) We shaved my head this morning, and I just decided I'm going to start telling people that I need to start looking the part of a temple worker ;) hahaha.

I am a Gospel Doctrine teacher in my ward. I used to really despise teaching, I would much rather just give a talk, but I am really loving it. So hopefully I won't be released from being a teacher now. It's been so so cool to see how I recognize the Spirit more in my life, especially as I teach, and see how the Spirit really is the master teacher. Ether 12:27, your witnesses will become strengths. The gospel is amazing.

Not much else is going on: I'm still doing the temple once a week, I'm still doing indexing and family history. I'm learning more and more to try and find joy in the journey. It's a challenge; being a missionary and everything that comes with it, but going to the temple only once a week and doing chemo... I can honestly agree with those that say that the mission is the hardest [year] of my life. Hard, but SO WORTH IT. I've learned so much.
Have a great week!!

Elder G

No comments:

Post a Comment